Accurate, timely data to inform decision making is the foundation of a successful industry, and the basis of all our Seafish work.
As the authority on seafood, we pride ourselves on the quality of the data we provide, and we will continue to work with all stakeholders to ensure they have access to the information they need.
An ambitious agenda of work includes:
- The Seafish Risk Assessment for Sourcing Seafood (RASS), which will enable commercial buyers to make informed choices with regard to purchasing seafood. The RASS tool will be our primary source of information relating to seafood sourcing and includes data on biological factors (stock status, management, bycatch and habitat impact). Over the course of the life of this Corporate Plan, RASS will be expanded to include aquaculture, social and welfare factors, as well as nutritional signposts and culinary information.
- Our Regulation team brings together industry and Government, helping inform the legislative process.
- Our Integrity programme will provide information and advice on issues relating to product integrity, social ethics and animal welfare.
- We will continue to communicate key industry performance information under the EU Data Collection Framework, and provide the economic analysis and advice relied upon by industry.
- Through our Horizon Scanning Programme we will seek to identify key areas of future activity and forward plan for longer term strategic thinking.